Selections from the 2017 Vientianale Short Film Competition
- Sinh's Papaya Salad // Soukthavone Panyaphone // 4' // Best Screenplay
Three friends are eating papaya salad at home when things start spinning out of control.
- A New Day // Novice Vongkham Mittapo // 7'
An undisciplined novice turns his life around.
- What I Forgot to Say // Sophie Vongkhamsao // 5'
The moving declaration of love from a young man to his deceased brother.
- Chan Keo // Sonepasith Phanphila // 7' // Best Film, Best Actor
A girl mysteriously travels back in time to ancient Laos.
- Think // Vilasan Soundala // 7'
22-year-old Ting strives to make a living as a dancer.
- Indee Killer // Xam Keodouangdy // 5' // Best Editing, 2nd Prize for Best Film
A gangster goes after the man who killed his boss.
- Looking For... // Houmphanh Phahongchanh // 6' // Best Director
A man looks for solace after tragedy strikes him.
- The Personal Mode // Sonexay Phonsavath // 7'
A teenager addicted to his phone shuts himself off from the outside world until reality catches up with him.
- Adopted Son // Xeng Kong Song // 7'
Tortured by the thought that his adopted son may not love him, a Hmong villager decides to abandon him in the mountain.
- The Last Conversation // Thavisub Khamphoumee // 3' // Best Actress, Best Sound, 3rd Prize for Best Film
As the Earth is being destroyed, Man and World have their last conversation.